WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a file installed in the browser of your device (computer, mobile, etc.) to store and retrieve data. Cookies can have many purposes, depending on what they have been configured for: for example, save preferences, collect usage statistics, allow technical functionalities, among others.
WHO IS THE RESPONSIBLE?
The person responsible for treating the information collected through cookies is BIRKIGT, SL (BIRKIGT), with NIF B-65329633 and address at Paseo Fluvial, 6 bis, office 29, 08150, Parets del Vallès (Barcelona).
WHAT DATA IS COLLECTED THROUGH COOKIES?
When you access the Website, even if you have not registered, the following information is collected through cookies:
- Device information: During the use of the Website, we collect information about the mobile device from which you access the Website. The information we obtain is the device model, the operating system and version, the device’s unique identifier, and the network.
WHAT KIND OF COOKIES ARE THERE?
According to their purpose, we can classify cookies among the following:
- Technical cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to navigate the Website and allow essential functions such as browsing from one section to another. They are in charge of technical aspects such as identifying profiles or sessions and managing tool preferences in the use, interaction and location of access to content. Also belonging to this category, due to their technical nature, are those cookies that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces included in the Website, without collecting information from users for different purposes, such as personalize that advertising content or other content.
- Statistical cookies: These cookies measure and collect statistical information related to the use made by the user of the Website, such as the time spent on it, the number of visits or the contents visited. Said information makes it possible to understand how users interact with the Website, evaluate the Site’s performance, which pages or sections of the Website are the most or least visited, including the quantification of the impacts of the advertisements placed on the Website (in its case). Having this information can solve errors and improve the Website’s design or the content offered through it.
- Preference or customization cookies: Preference cookies allow the Website to remember user information to access the service with specific characteristics that can differentiate its experience from other users. For example, your preferred language or the region you access, the number of results to show when the user performs a search, the appearance or content of the service, depending on the type of device from which the user accesses the service.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: These cookies allow the management of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, are included on the Website. However, the management of advertising spaces is done based on the user’s browsing profile. These cookies store information on user navigation obtained through continuous observation of their browsing habits, developing a specific user profile. The advertisements that appear in these spaces will be personalized for the user according to said habits.
Depending on the entity that manages them:
- Own cookies: are those sent to the user’s device from a computer or domain managed by the person in charge of the Website, in this case, BIRKIGT, and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: are those that are sent to the user’s device from a computer or domain that is not managed by the person responsible for the Website but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
Depending on the time they remain activated:
According to the period that they remain activated in the device, we can distinguish:
- Session cookies: They are designed to collect and store data when the user is browsing the Website, and they are deactivated to finish browsing.
- Persistent cookies: This store the data, and these can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
WHAT IS THE LEGITIMATION BASIS THAT ALLOWS US TO PROCESS YOUR DATA THROUGH COOKIES? IN YOUR CASE, ARE THEY MANDATORY?
The information we collect through cookies and other tracking devices is based on your consent, which we request when you access the Website through an informational pop-up.
In this sense, you can withdraw your consent at any time, as we explain in section 8.
Technical cookies cannot be deactivated since, otherwise, the Website’s correct functioning would be compromised. In general, they are only configured in response to actions taken when requesting services from us, such as setting your preferences concerning the cookies themselves, logging in or completing forms. In the event of deactivation, this could cause the use of some of the Website’s services to be limited due to not accessing certain functionalities. Therefore, your experience would be less satisfactory.
TO WHOM DO WE TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION? ARE THERE INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS?
We use some third-party cookies, which are those cookies collected and managed by a third party so that these entities will receive your data collected through cookies for the purposes indicated for each cookie. These cookies are displayed in the table in section 4, as “Third Party Cookies”). This table identifies the third party that manages each cookie and provides a link to its conditions.
However, below, we explain the main third-party cookies that we use and their main characteristics.
When you access our Website for the first time, you are shown a window in which you can indicate if you accept cookies or if you want to configure or reject them, except those strictly necessary. Likewise, you can withdraw the consent previously granted at any time.
Suppose you would like to withdraw your consent related to the Cookies Policy at any time. In that case, you have two options: (i) withdraw your consent through the buttons enabled for this purpose in this Cookies Policy, or (ii) delete the cookies stored on the device through the settings and configurations of your Internet browser.
Keep in mind that if you accept third-party cookies, you must delete them from the browser options or from the system offered by the third party itself.
You can expand the information on how to disable cookies, depending on your browser, in the following links:
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-sitios-web-rastrear-preferencia
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=es
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21411?locale=es_ES for iOS: https://support.apple.com/es-es/HT201265
WHAT ARE THE RIGHTS THAT YOU CAN EXERCISE AS AN INTERESTED PARTY?
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY